It's all very well deciding to do more things for fun, just for the sheer joy of doing, the pleasure in being. But what are they, those moments in a busy life that make me happy, make me smile?
I'm ok on the big stuff; family, friends, reaching the top of the mountain but what about the little things?
I've been having a think and here's my Julie Andrews list:
- Going to the pictures in the afternoon
- Sherry. Not the trendy dry stuff but good old Harvey's Bristol Cream
- Leftovers for breakfast, especially bendy chappattis from last night's curry
- Katharine Hepburn or more accurately the feisty women she played in films like The African Queen
- Just William stories, read by Martin Jarvis on Radio 4 on a wet afternoon
- Daffs. I'll take a bunch of spring flowers in a blue vase on the kitchen table over the smartest of handtied bouquets any day